Saturday, June 27, 2015

What will her name be?

I'm writing back to back posts here and I apologize but I feel a bit behind!
 
I'm pleased to inform you our daughter's name will be ...
 
Mae (originated from Mei)
Chinese: 美的意义
Chinese translation: Little Sister
English translation: Beauty
 
Both descriptions are so fitting! To be honest, my husband and I did not sit around researching all of the Chinese names and their meaning but we settled on this one very quickly. It just felt right. We will most likely use her Chinese name (and maybe adapt it slightly) as her middle name when she returns home. There are so many school's of thought on keeping their names versus changing but we chose a name that felt fitting in both cultures and for her new life, home here with us.
 
So there you have it folks! What's in a name? Well a lot and I guess it depends on who you ask, and where the name originates, and who's child they are...okay okay you get the point :) We're happy to share with you her name.
 
 
Chinese proverb: All things are difficult before they are easy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment